- Increase proportionate consumption of plant-based foods, which increases the global access to calories, provides health benefits, and prevents injuring animals.
- For those who choose to eat meat or seafood, minimize the pain and suffering of animals by
purchasing meat or seafood produced under humane conditions.
- Minimize the negative environmental efforts of raising animals or plants by purchasing organically produced food, and seafood certified as responsibly farmed or harvested.
- Minimize transportation-related carbon dioxide emissions by obtaining foods locally produced through home or community gardens, farmers’ markets, or community-supported agriculture.
- Ask food sellers and producers to label where their products come from and whether the products were irradiated.
- Support legislation that requires labeling of products that are irradiated or contain GMOs, and realignment of agricultural subsidies to support growing more produce and the viability of small farmers.
- Protect and encourage organic food production and its producers.